You can create and maintain messages that notify and briefly explain the issue to the user when an unexpected problem or condition occurs during the authorization process.
To create an authorizer error message:
- Click System Admin in the Administrative tasks menu. The System Admin page opens with the Project Settings page displayed.
- Select EDGE Setup>Authorizers from the left navigation menu. The Authorizers list page opens.
- Click the View Details link associate with the appropriate authorizer. The Authorizer Details page opens.
- Click . The Authorizer Error Messages page opens.
Click Add Authorizer Error Message. The Create Authorizer Error Message page opens.
Regarding the next three fields, error codes for declined transactions and the response codes and response reason codes for the error message are typically provided by the authorizer.
At Error Code (Required), enter the code used for credit card transactions that are declined (e.g., "Invalid Credit Card Number").
At Response Code, enter the response code for the error message.
At Response Reason Code, enter the reason code for the error message.
- At Error Message Short Description, enter a short description of the error message (e.g., "Authorization Timeout").
- At Error Message Long Description, enter the long description for the error message (e.g., "The original transaction timed out while waiting for a response from the authorizer").
- At Start Date, accept the default start date or use the drop-down list to select the applicable starting Month, Day, and Year.
- At End Date, leave the end date blank or use the drop-down list to select the applicable ending Month, Day and Year.
- At Status, use the drop-down list to select the error message status. The default is New, but you may want to change the status to Active. (Refer to EDGE Status Definitions in the EDGE online help for descriptions of each status.)
(Repeat these steps for each error message you need to add.) . The new error is added to the Authorizer Error Messages page.