- These procedures include several settings that are unique to the particular tax services provider that you are configuring. If you have not already obtained the applicable information, refer to Before You Begin for information about obtaining the appropriate values needed to populate the fields for the tax calculation service provider that is being configured.
- Though you may enter configuration settings for multiple providers, only one tax calculation provider may be selected and used at one time as the current provider for a project.
To configure EDGE project settings for a tax calculation service:
Access the project settings by doing one of the following:
In the Calculate tax on order field, select the radio button to enable tax calculation functions.
|In order for any of the tax calculation services to work properly, the function for calculating tax during order input must be enabled.|
|Perform step 3, below, only if you have configured one or more members for tax exempt status, as described in Configure Members, and want to activate that status at this time. Otherwise, skip this step and go directly to step 4.|
- Locate the If a member has a Tax Number value don't charge them tax field and select the radio button to disable tax calculation for members configured with a tax number for tax exempt status.
- Locate the Enable Tax Caching field and select the radio button if you want to enable this function.
|Though enabling tax caching is recommended, enabling this function is optional. If you do not want to enable tax caching, select the radio button.|
Enabling tax caching can reduce the number of queries sent to the tax services provider during payment processing. When tax caching is enabled, the system checks for changes to the order (e.g., items, quantity, address, etc.) before sending a request for tax calculation. If no changes are found, the cached value is provided
Locate the Save/commit tax result into 3rd Party tax provider database field and select the radio button if you want to enable this function. (Optional.)
This setting is applicable only for tax services providers that support this function.
Tax commit is not applicable for the "Charges Waived" payment type.
Refer to Verify Tax Services Providers Supported Features for information about the features supported by each tax services provider.
Locate the Charge tax on giftwrapping amounts field and select the radio button if you want to enable this function. (Optional.)
When enabled, this field is only applicable when the merchant has also configured both of the following gift-wrapping-related fields in the Order Related project settings in the EDGE System Admin module:
1. Does merchant offer gift wrapping service (select the radio button to enable)
2. Charge for gift wrapping per item (specify a flat amount to charge per item when added to the cart during order entry)
Locate the Which service would you like to use to calculate your tax? field and select one of the available tax calculation services listed in the drop-down menu.
- This is required in order for the appropriate tax services provider to be used.
- Only one tax calculation provider may be selected and used at one time as the current provider for a project.
Locate the Charge tax on shipping and handling amounts field and select the radio button to enable this function. (Optional.)
- Locate the Tax System field and use the drop-down list to select which tax calculation standards should be used for the display of pricing.
VAT – when this option is selected, the Value-Added Tax (VAT) standard format for display of pricing (as is used in member states of the European Union, for example) is used in the EDGE Customer Service Portal (CSP), merchant front-end website and other places where prices are listed, such as order and line item detail pages, invoices, event notifications, and so forth. The listed price is tax-inclusive (tax is included).
|When VAT pricing is used, the amount of VAT must be included when the prices are specified during creation or update of catalog items, SKUs and shipping and handling charges.|
The example below shows the display for the items on an order's associated Order Line Detail page, indicating that the price "Includes VAT."
Non-VAT – when this option is selected, EDGE uses the tax-exclusive, non-VAT format (as is used in the United States, for example), where tax is not included in the listed price.
In the example below, you can see that, for non-VAT, the tax is calculated and listed separately for the items on an Order Detail page.
Scroll to the settings group for the tax calculation service you selected in step 7, and enter the appropriate information in the Value fields.
The values for these fields are unique for each individual tax services provider.
The applicable settings for Avalara, CyberSource, StrikeIron and Vertex O Series are described in Settings by Provider.
When you are done entering the settings for the applicable tax calculation service provider, continue with step11.
- Click Tax Related section to save the new settings. at the bottom of the
|Once you have completed configuring the tax-related project settings, continue with Verify Fulfillment Provider Settings. This is necessary because the tax calculation services require that the configuration for any provider associated with a merchant's warehouse/fulfillment center contains accurate location address settings.|
|title||Settings by Provider|
The Procedures described in this section include several settings that are unique to the particular tax services provider that you are configuring. The setting fields for each provider are described below. Use these settings, as applicable, to complete step 10 of the procedures.
- If you have not already obtained the applicable information, refer to Before You Begin for information about obtaining the appropriate values needed to populate the fields for the tax calculation service provider that is being configured.
- Though you may enter configuration settings for multiple providers, only one tax calculation provider may be used at one time as the current provider for a project.
The settings for each tax calculation service are described below:
The following settings are available for Avalara:
|Avalara Setting Field Name||Description|
|Avalara Account Number||The merchant's Avalara account number |
|Avalara Company Code||Company code provided by Avalara|
|Avalara License Key||The access key provided by Avalara|
| Avalara WebService URL||The Internet address of the Avalara Web Service|
The following settings are available for CyberSource:
The following settings are available for StrikeIron:
|StrikeIron Setting Field Name||Description|
|The login password for strike iron registration||The password associated with the merchant's login user name|
|The login username for strike iron registration||The merchant's login user name for StrikeIron registration |
The StrikeIron fields immediately before and after the password and username fields are obsolete and will be removed from the project settings in an upcoming release of EDGE.You can ignore these obsolete fields.
The following settings are available for Vertex O Series:
|Vertex O Series Setting Field Name||Description|
|Vertex O Series Company Code||The company code provided by Vertex|
|Vertex O Series Password||The password associated with the merchants Vertex O Series user name|
| Vertex O Series Quotation Request URL||The Internet address for the Vertex O Series Quotation Request|
| Vertex O Series UserName||The merchant's Vertex O Series user name|