The Authorization Info page provides information specific to payment authorization for an authorizer. This includes what types of card payments, currencies and catalog items they support, along with login credentials and other relevant information.
- Before adding authorization info, you first need to create a payment services provider/authorizer, as described in Add an Authorizer.
- These are the general instructions for adding authorization information for a payment provider/authorizer. For the specific settings you need to use for each provider/authorizer refer to Configuration Settings by Provider/Authorizer.
- Payment providers/authorizers can support an active Authorization Info record for each unique currency they are associated with. The active Authorization Info record that is used is determined by the locale specified in the order.
To add authorization info for an authorizer:
- Click System Admin in the Administrative tasks menu. The System Admin page opens with the Project Settings page displayed.
- Select EDGE Setup>Authorization Info from the left navigation menu. The Authorization Info list page opens.
Click the Add Authorization Info link. The Create Authorization Info page opens.For the specific Authorization Info settings for each provider/authorizer refer to Configuration Settings by Provider/Authorizer.
- At Authorization Name, use the drop-down list to select the appropriate authorizer. (Authorizers are defined and managed in System Admin>EDGE Setup>Authorizers.)
- At Authorization Info Code (Required), enter an identifying code for the new authorization information.
- At User Name, enter the merchant user name for the authorizer.
- At Password, enter the merchant password for the authorizer.
- At Confirm Password, re-type the merchant password.
- At External Merchant ID, enter the ID number assigned to the merchant account by the authorizer, if applicable.
- At TerminalID, enter the terminal identification if required by the authorizer.
At Paymentech Bin, use the drop-down list to select the location, as applicable.\
At Payment Tokenization Enabled, select (check) the checkbox if tokens should be used for sensitive data.Tokenization in data security is the process of substituting a sensitive data element with a non-sensitive equivalent – a token – that has no extrinsic or exploitable meaning or value. The token is a reference (that is, an identifier) that maps back to the sensitive data.
Note:The Is Payer Authenticated field that was previously provided here in EDGE 6i.14 has been eliminated. In its place, those wishing to enable CyberSource credit card authentication services need to configure an Authorization Info parameter as described in Enable CyberSource 3-D Secure Credit Card Authentication.
At Does Authorizer Support Multiple Capture Against Single Authorization, select (check) the checkbox if the selected authorizer supports multiple payment captures per authorization when an order contains multiple shipments.
Notes:This function is only applicable for credit card and gift card authorizers. This function is applicable only when the project is configured to perform authorizations only at the time an order is processed, as described in the EDGE online helps at System Admin>EDGE Setup>Project Settings>Retail Back Office. If the authorizer does not support multiple captures against a single authorization when an order contains multiple shipments, initial payment capture goes against the initial authorization and a new authorization is performed for each additional payment captured against the remaining order balance.
- At Start Date, accept the default date or use the drop-down list to select the applicable starting Month, Day and Year.
- At End Date, leave blank or use the drop-down list to select the applicable ending Month, Day, and Year.
At Currencies, select the applicable currency or currencies to be associated with this authorizer. Multiple currencies are possible. To select multiple currencies, hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard as you select each currency.EDGE can support an active Authorization Info record for the currencies an authorizer is associated with. The active Authorization Info record that is used is determined by the locale specified in the order.
At Item Types, select the applicable catalog item type or types to be associated with this authorizer.
This is an optional parameter, but when used, multiple item types are possible. To select multiple item types, hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard as you select each type.
With this parameter, authorizers can be set up to process payments using one or more specific catalog item types. Multiple authorization info configurations can be set up for one or more authorizers using different codes, each associated with a unique item type or item types. Order items can then be processed through the authorizer/authorizer code that is based on the item's corresponding type.
For example, one authorizer may be set up to process payment of all items from "Brand A" while another authorizer processes payments for items from "Brand B." Or, an authorizer may be set up to process payment of items that are categorically related to each other, such as sports equipment, while payment for toys are processed by another and electronics by a third.
Item types are defined in EDGE System Admin>Catalog>Item Types.
At Payment Types, select one or more payment types supported by this authorizer.
For standard processing payment authorizers (e.g., payment services providers such as Authorize.Net, Clutch, CyberSource, Element, Litle, Mercury,Paymentech, PayPal, Shift4 and TrustCommerce) select, as applicable:
3rd Party Checkout
- Only one gift card provider/authorizer may be configured per project.
- Currently, EDGE support for gift card processing is provided by Clutch, Mercury and Shift4 only.
For the "Default" authorizer for non-processing payment types, select one or more of the remaining types:
Purchase Order Number
Checking (for CyberSource only, Checking is supported as a standard processing payment type, subject to authorization)
At Disable Fraud Detection for Order Sources, select the order source or sources, if any, for which CyberSource Decision Manager fraud detection should be disabled. By default, Decision Manager is enabled for all order sources unless otherwise specified with this setting.This setting is applicable only when CyberSource is the selected provider/authorizer.
At Status, use the drop down menu to select Active (or as applicable).You may define multiple Authorization Info configurations for an Authorizer, but only one Authorization Info configuration may have "Active" or "New" status at one time.
From here you can:
. The Authorization Info Details page opens.
Edit the authorization info details (Refer to the EDGE online help for information about this function)
- Delete the authorization info configuration
- Configure authorization info parameters
- Click to return to the Authorization Info list page.
To continue . . .
Once you have completed configuring Authorization Info settings for the authorizer, continue with Configure Authorization Info Parameters, as applicable.
You can refer to Configuration Setting by Provider/Authorizer to determine what, if any, Authorization Info Parameters are required and to Optional Authorization Info Parameters to see if any are applicable for the authorizer you are configuring.
If no Authorization Info Parameters are needed for the authorizer you are configuring, then you can skip those procedures and continue with Configure Project Settings.