These procedures describe how to configure and manage the payment types supported in each project associated with a merchant. A merchant can have multiple projects and each project can support its own set of payment types, each with its own set of parameters for refunds and alternate payment.
To configure project payment types:
- Click System Admin in the Administrative tasks menu. The System Admin page opens with the Project Settings page displayed.
- Select EDGE SETUP > Merchants from the left navigation menu. The EDGE MERCHANTS list page opens.
- Click the View Details link associated with a merchant. The EDGE Merchant Details page opens.
- Click . The EDGE Projects list page opens.
- Click the View Details link associated with a project. The EDGE Project Details page opens.
- Scroll to the Project Payment Types section. (If necessary, click
- Click The Update Project Payment Types page opens.
Here you can do the following for each payment type: to modify the payment type parameters.
- Enable or disable the payment type:
Only enabled payment types are available as payment options when an order is captured in the Customer Service Portal (CSP) or Manual Order process and in an EDGE member profile. (Member profiles are defined in the EDGE Customer module.)
In the Enabled drop-down list:
- Select True to enable a payment type.
Select False to disable a payment type.
Important:A payment type that is already enabled cannot be disabled when there are any member profiles in the same project associated with that payment type. A red box is displayed around the Enabled field, as shown below, to indicate when a member profile is associated with a payment type.
The payment type that you want to disable must be deselected in the Payment Types field on the Update Member page of the member profile for each affected member before you can disable the payment type for the project. Member profiles are created and maintained in the EDGE Customer module.
- Specify whether the payment type supports refunds:
Use the Refund Enabled setting to indicate whether or not refunds can be made to a payment type that supports refunds.
In the Refund Enabled drop-down list:
- Select True to allow refunds to the payment type.
Select False to disallow refunds to the payment type.
- Only the following payment types can be refund-enabled:
* 3rd Party Checkout
* Credit Card
* Gift Card
* Budget Center
* Member Budget
When the payment was originally made using a gift card, there are now two options for how refunds can be issued for the payment:-
A new e-gift card can be generated.
To always issue a new e-gift card for refunds, select Gift Card in the Alt Refund Payment Type drop-down menu.
The refund can be issued to the same gift card that was used for the original payment.
To enable refunds to be made to the same gift card, leave the Alt Refund Payment Type column blank.
When configuring for the Clutch gift card provider only, if you want to allow refunds to the same gift card used for the original payment, contact Clutch customer support to request that "re-issuance" be enabled/allowed for this merchant.
When configuring for the Shift4 gift card provider, if you want to allow refunds to the same gift card used for the original payment, the merchant's Shift4 account must be set up to specify that a PIN is NOT required for a refund back to the original gift card. Contact Shift4 customer support for information or assistance.
- As applicable, an alternate refund payment type may be specified if refunds are disallowed (not enabled) for a payment type.
- Refunds may be made to multiple payment types in cases where multiple types were used for order payment. (More information about the EDGE refund process is provided in the EDGE online help under Orders>Return Orders.)
Set the payment type refund priority:
The Refund Priority setting identifies the order in which refunds are applied for orders that contain multiple payments and payment types.
The default refund priorities are as follows:
Note:The higher the number, the higher the priority.
Specify an alternate refund payment type:
Use the Alt Refund Payment Type drop-down list to specify an alternate payment type, if any, that can be used for a refund when a refund payment cannot be applied to the payment type originally used for order payment. For example, you can specify that a Gift Card can be used to issue a refund for an order originally paid for with a check.
- Currently, only "Gift Card" can be specified as an alternate payment type.
- Only one alternate may be defined for each payment type in a project.
- When the payment was originally made using a gift card, there are now two options for how to issue refunds:
* A new e-gift card can be generated.
* The refund can be issued to the same gift card used for the original payment.
Refer to the Notes, above, for details.
8. Clickto save your settings and return to the EDGE Project Details page.
9. Click thelink to exit the EDGE Project Details page and return to the EDGE Projects list page.
To continue . . .