These procedures describe how to configure and manage the payment types supported in each project associated with a merchant. A merchant can have multiple projects and each project can support its own set of payment types, each with its own set of parameters for refunds and alternate payment.
To configure project payment types:
Select False to disable a payment type.
|A payment type that is already enabled cannot be disabled when there are any member profiles in the same project associated with that payment type. A red box is displayed around the Enabled field, as shown below, to indicate when a member profile is associated with a payment type.|
The payment type that you want to disable must be deselected in the Payment Types field on the Update Member page of the member profile for each affected member before you can disable the payment type for the project. Member profiles are created and maintained in the EDGE Customer module.
Select False to disallow refunds to the payment type.
- Only the following payment types can be refund-enabled:
- When the payment was originally made using a gift card, there are now two options for how refunds can be issued for the payment:
A new e-gift card can be generated.
- As applicable, an alternate refund payment type may be specified if refunds are disallowed (not enabled) for a payment type.
- Refunds may be made to multiple payment types in cases where multiple types were used for order payment. (More information about the EDGE refund process is provided in the EDGE online help under Orders>Return Orders.)
Set the payment type refund priority:
The Refund Priority setting identifies the order in which refunds are applied for orders that contain multiple payments and payment types.
The default refund priorities are as follows:
|The higher the number, the higher the priority.|
Specify an alternate refund payment type:
Use the Alt Refund Payment Type drop-down list to specify an alternate payment type, if any, that can be used for a refund when a refund payment cannot be applied to the payment type originally used for order payment. For example, you can specify that a Gift Card can be used to issue a refund for an order originally paid for with a check.
- Currently, only "Gift Card" can be specified as an alternate payment type.
- Only one alternate may be defined for each payment type in a project.
- When the payment was originally made using a gift card, there are now two options for how to issue refunds:
8. Click to save your settings and return to the EDGE Project Details page.
9. Click the link to exit the EDGE Project Details page and return to the EDGE Projects list page.
|Once you have configured the payment types for the current project, continue with Configure Payment-Related Project Settings.|