The following OpenTools REST APIs have been modified or added to improve the EDGE standard integration layer.
In addition to the inbound message support announced in EDGE 16.27.0, EDGE now supports a REST-based exchange for several Outbound OpenTools messages. These messages are each triggered by a particular EDGE event and sent to an external system.
The following messages are now provided via REST services in JSON format:
- ShipOrder – used to direct the WMS to initiate the fulfillment process for a sales order that has not yet shipped. It is triggered after an order has been successfully processed in EDGE.
- ASNAddEdit – used to deliver an advanced ship notice (ASN) to the warehouse management system (WMS). It is triggered when an EDGE user creates or edits an ASN or an ASN Import message is received and processed by OpenTools.
- SKUAddEdit – used to alert the WMS that either new inventory has been entered into EDGE or existing inventory details have been updated. It is triggered when an inventory record is either created or updated in EDGE.
Continually adding to and improving the OpenTools REST API messages in the standard integration layer helps ensure that EDGE can be seamlessly and quickly integrated with other systems. The use of OpenTools messages provided as REST services in JSON format helps make integration with the EDGE platform a faster and more efficient process.
- REST – Representational State Transfer; an architectural style that specifies constraints (such as the uniform interface) that, if applied to an API, induce desirable properties such as performance, scalability and modifiability that enable services to work best on the Web.
- Advanced ship notice (ASN) – a notification that provides detailed information about a pending delivery.